Around November, Audrey (new director of Project Run & Play) contacted me to ask if I would be interested in contributing a pattern to the first capsule collection in collaboration with past designers of Project Run & Play. Having had such a great time during my season on PR&P, I of course jumped at the opportunity! It's been a whirl of a time and a wonderful experience working with some pretty AHmazing designers to put together this first collection.
Together with Audrey (Project Run + Play), Celina (Petit a petit and family), Jenn (Jennuine Design), Bernadette (Duchess and Hare), Delia (Delia Creates) and Kat (Sew Chibi) we give you: Project Farmer's Market! Our 'Farmer's Market' themed collection has 10 patterns that are designed to work in cohesion for a perfectly peachy capsule wardrobe, so get out your spring knits and wovens and get to sewing...Spring is right around the corner and all the patterns are now available in the Project Run and Play Shop!!
You can purchase the entire bundled collection at 30% off, the girls mini collection or unisex collection at 25% off, or purchase each pattern individually. Here are the links to the individual patterns: Banana boat tee (Lil Luxe Collection), Soleil skirt (Lil Luxe Collection), Jonagold Jumper(Jennuine Design), Seed pattern(Sew Pony), D'Anjou dress(Duchess & Hare), Upbeet tee and dress(Petit a Petit), Turnip up trousers and shorts (Petit a Petit), Ichigo bomber jacket (Sew Chibi), Rosemary and Thyme shirts (PR&P) and the Caraway cardigan(Delia Creates).
Be sure to check out the LookBook Celina put together with all patterns in action, links to the patterns and freebies!
I hadn't embroidered in years... seriously like probably 20 years ago but I'm glad I did! I always like to make a 'special' piece with a unique detail to make a statement :) You can purchase the embroidery template I used HERE. Scroll through the slider images to see our Banana Boat Tee and Soleil Skirt paired with the Ichigo bomber and Caraway Cardigan for our Farm to Table photoshoot.
Banana Boat tee: Elevate your everyday Tee with the simple and sweet Banana Boat Tee! Modest neckline, short sleeves with cuff and sleeve tab combined with side ties to touch the sides make this a perfect top to pair with a skirt, shorts, pants or dress.
Soleil Skirt: The Soleil Skirt has three length options, inseam pockets, optional straps and bow, elastic back and a flat front with faux button placket for easy wear and sewing! Your fashionista will love swishing her skirt around during warmer months and enjoy the shorter version paired with tights in the cooler months.
If you haven't ever ordered from Hawthorne Threads, you're missing out! They have the most beautiful print on demand designs that can be printed on an assortment of fabrics perfect for apparel or quilting! Order, print, pack and ship...I received my package in two days!! Super impressed! Check out our Sweet Sunshine photoshoot at our local greenhouse featuring Hawthorne fabrics on the Banana Boat tee, Jonagold Jumper, Caraway Cardigan, Upbeet Tee, Turnip Trousers, and Lil Luxe Socks (another free pattern on our blog). And we can't forget my favorite piece...the Mochi bag! My daughter loves it so much! Perfect for boys or girls. I wanted to feature the scooter on the front of my bag so I added the pocket to the back side. Scroll through the pics to the end so you can check it out!
DIY TOTE & CRICUT IRON ON PROJECT
As part of our contribution to the collection, all of the designers added a fun freebie which you'll see throughout the LookBook. Lil Luxe's freebie is this fun, quick and easy Market tote!
Final dimensions are 14" wide x 12" tall, with convenient straps on the inside to hold a water bottle, olive oil or other market find, off to the side and leather straps for durability and quick sewing!
First, create the bag...
1. Cut 1@ 30x16" canvas for the tote, 2@ 12x2.75" canvas for the bottle holder straps, and 4@ 22x1.25" leather for the straps.
2. Finish the edges of the bottle straps then press the long edges onto the wrong side of the fabric by 3/8" and top stitch in place.
3. Right sides together fold the tote canvas in half. Then fold the bottle straps in half wrong sides together and place them 4.5" from the top of the tote. Pin, sew and finish the sides of the tote.
4. Press the sides of the tote flat so that the seam is aligned down the center and the seam allowance is pressed to one side. Mark a 4" line 2" from the bottom corner of the tote and sew across. Repeat on opposite bottom edge.
5. Hem the top of the tote by folding 3/8", followed by a 1" fold onto the inside of the tote. Press and top stitch in place.
6. Wrong sides together, place one leather strap over the other to create 1 set. Using a leather needle, top stitch along the length of the straps leaving 2" on either end unsewn.
7. Slide the open edge of the strap 4" from the seam, onto the top of the tote. Use wonder clips to hold in place. Top stitch in place making sure to catch the strap on the inside when sewing.
8. Fold the strap onto the opposite side, 4" from the seam, on the same side of the tote, being careful not to twist the strap. Top stitch as previously done and repeat with second strap on opposite side of tote.
Next create the graphics...
Open our 'Lettuce Turnip the Beet' design in the Cricut Community.
*TIP* I like to prepare just one mat with all the graphics. Move all the elements to one mat, cut the vinyl and arrange it as you have on your screen and don't forget to mirror the design!
Use the image as a template to place the design onto your bag and Iron on!